2018 HIIQ Summer Internship
Learn practical business management from one of the Tampa Bay area’s fastest growing developers and administrators of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), was recognized as the fastest growing stock on the NASDAQ in 2016. We were also a finalist for the Tampa Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year in 2017.
Our paid internships will offer the opportunity to spend meaningful face time with leaders across the organization. Mid-Summer, all interns will rotate out of the initial assignment and into another division to offer the chance to get a holistic view of the Company. At the conclusion of the program, interns will have a full-cycle understanding of how an entrepreneurial company in a rapidly growing space uses technology and innovation to compete and succeed.
Our interns will partner with senior executive leaders in the areas of:
• Carrier Relations, Broker and Agent Relationships – learning all about the commercial division
• Project Management
• Quality Assurance - learning how we ensure strategy becomes success
• Finance – learning what the numbers really mean
• Compliance – making sure we do what we do properly and within the law, navigating regulatory concerns
Education and Work Experience:
• The successful candidate will be currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program at the time of internship - proof will be required
• Open to College Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors or Master Candidates
• A 3.0 or higher current G.P.A. preferred
• Preferred Majors (Fields of Study): All Statistics, Mathematics, Supply Chain Management, Operations Management, Entrepreneurship, Economics, Consulting, Business Sanalytics, Actuarial/Risk Analysis, Sales, Business Administration and Management, Accounting, Marketing, Finance and Financial Management, Public Relations, Digital Communications
The internship program requires regular and reliable attendance. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, some situations may arise, requiring extended hours.