Accounting IT Systems Manager
Ranked #1 in Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for 2018, Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ), is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The Accounting IT Systems Manager will partner with the Accounting team to implement the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606 as well as manage current accounting systems Great Plains and our current reporting tool VENA as well as help facilitate any new system upgrades or improvements including Longview. This position will be heavily involved in performing data analytics, report building and process improvement. This individual will also partner with a remote third-party IT function to help automate these activities within our proprietary database as well as other activities as time permits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with developing a model to analyze and record revenue, commissions and SG&A on a monthly basis.
• Perform data analytics to understand how blocks of business are performing and how they are performing compared to forecast.
• Create reports behind the numbers and present to senior leadership.
• Automate the consolidation process using existing systems while exploring and evaluating options for new ERP systems
• Collaborate with the remote third-party IT function to implement improvements in HIIQ's proprietary system to create efficiencies for revenue analysis, including working on systemic automation.
• Serve as accounting systems subject matter expert for the organization
• Be a primary contact and System Matter Expert (SME) for our current on going Longview implementation.
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in a business administration or related degree.
• Higher education expected, or equivalent effort from additional certifications obtained.
• Five years of progressive experience in an analytical finance or accounting role.
• Extensive analytical, financial modeling, and/or forecasting experience with a proven ability to work with
large sets of data.
• Experience with SQL Server or other database software is required.
• Ability to simplify complex analytics into actionable items.
• Precise attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Experience with internal control framework is strongly preferred.
• Proven strategic thinking and successful execution coordination
• Effective written, verbal, listening and presenting skills
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.