Agency Compliance Auditor
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
The Regulatory/Non-Regulatory environment we conduct business in requires HII to comply with our Insurance Companies guidelines and individual States' laws. Agency/Call Center onsite due diligence review ensures that their agencies' sales and marketing practices are compliant according to the Insurance Company and HII guidelines set forth. Auditors have a critical role of observing that the process and procedures being communicated are actually being followed through. Auditors also have the ability to quickly identify undesirable sales and marketing practices and work with the Call Centers to restore our confidence in their ability to represent HII and our partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform onsite due diligence for agencies (independent and wholly-owned) auditing capacity, procedures, etc.
• Collect and analyze the information collected during due diligence audits
• Write detailed summary report of findings and provide to leadership as directed
• Develop “To Do" lists to quickly resolve any reported concerns
• Communicate with the compliance team to discuss various approaches in resolving any ongoing matters within partner agencies
• Maintain approved budget and travel schedule
• Schedule and attend pre-audits for new agencies
• Partner with internal reporting specialists to produce and deliver agency scorecard results
• All other duties as assigned
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
• 2+ years of compliance or regulatory experience in Health Insurance or Financial Services
• 2+ years of industry call center experience, preferably in a Compliance/Operational role
• Effective written/verbal/listening communication skills, suitable for working with all levels of the organization and externally
• Demonstrable competency with Microsoft Office applications
• Track record of effective project coordination and timely submission of deliverables
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.