Agency Compliance Specialist
Ranked #1 in Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for 2018, Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ), is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The Regulatory and Non-Regulatory insurance environment requires HIIQ to comply with State and Federal Insurance laws, insurance carriers’ guidelines, and its own high standards for conducting business in the insurance industry. HIIQ manages Regulatory/Non-Regulatory complaints through concentrated investigation, discovery and sensible resolutions to satisfy all parties involved. This role will research agency qualifications to ensure they are properly experienced and licensed. It will investigate complaints received and handle them through to conclusion. The position will assist in various other projects involving the Compliance team at HIIQ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Investigation, Discovery and Resolution of Regulatory/Non-Regulatory consumer concerns
• Write response letters
• Assist Agency Compliance Manager with Agent Remediation
• Liaise with Insurance Company during investigation
• Effectively communicate with contracted agencies and carrier partners
• Complete Data Compilation projects as needed
• Assist with organization, documentation and summary of more expansive investigations
• Assist with coordinating departmental travel and expenses as needed
• Review marketing materials and the sales processes to ensure CMS Regulation & Medicare Compliance
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma is required; a Bachelor’s Degree in an applicable discipline is preferred
• 2-3 years of Insurance Industry experience is required
• 1-2 years of Insurance Investigations is required
• Working knowledge of Medicare and/or Medicare Supplements is a strong plus
• Professional phone & email etiquette
• Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel is required
• Strong organizational, problem solving, information analysis, and documentation skills are required.
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Please visit www.hiiquote.com/careers and select the appropriate listing