Agent Contracting Specialist
Join a leader in the Health Insurance industry! Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HIIQ) is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
While upholding department and company policies, the Agent Contracting Specialist interacts with licensed agents & sales representatives & insurance carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products, services, contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. They are responsible for Agent/Agency carrier appointments and establishing Agents/Agencies and commission schedules within the company’s applicable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update agent licensing and carrier appointment information
• Assist with contracting, appointment or licensing questions
• Perform background checks on potential agents/agencies
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Appoint as needed
• Contracting support as needed
• Audit Reviews
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience preferred working within an insurance agency or company as an insurance agent or agent support role
• Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Track record of customer service skills
• Demonstrable competency with MS office word, excel and general technical trouble shooting
• Effectively able to organize, problem solve, analyze information, document and communicate as required by the position
• Exceptional phone etiquette
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.