Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
The Commissions Accountant role requires strong analytical skills and an understanding of basic accounting principles. This position is responsible for assisting with weekly and monthly payments along with reconciliation and responding to any payment inquiries. They will assist other functions to provide a variety of financial reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and analyzes agent commission payment files
• Reviews reports from our technology platform for accuracy
• Communicates payment information to sales reps and provides support for any inquiries
• Ensures completion of necessary agreements and maintains them in an organized manner
• Reconciles multiple accounts on the general ledger
• Investigates and corrects any inconsistencies with reports, journal entries, or payments
• Assists with internal and external auditor requests
• Ensures all deadlines are met on a timely manner
• Works alongside department heads and analysts to provide reports to upper management
• Provides assistance to other coworkers as needed
• Other ad-hoc accounting duties
Education and Work Experience:
• College degree in Accounting/Business preferred; High school diploma required
• 1- 2 years of general accounting experience
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Strong work ethic
• Detail orientated
• Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrable proficiency with MS Office, particularly with Excel
• A track record of working effectively both individually and as part of teams
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.