Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
The Regulatory and Non-Regulatory insurance environment requires HII to comply with State and Federal Insurance laws, insurance carriers’ guidelines, and its own high standards for conducting business in the insurance industry. The Compliance Paralegal will require expertise in TPA & Corporate Licensing, Regulatory Research, and Policy & Procedure Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Filing and renewals of TPA Licenses
• Manage Renewal of Corporate Licensing Portfolio
• Researches State Insurance Regulations as needed
• Update & Maintain Process and Procedures set forth by the VP of Compliance
• Assist VP, Compliance in coordinating with Legal
• Develop and Project Manage Various Compliance Initiatives
Education and Work Experience:
• Associate’s Degree, advanced education is preferred
• Paralegal Certification
• 3-5 years of Insurance Industry experience
• 2-3 years of Paralegal experience
• Management experience is a plus
• Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.