Ranked #1 in Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for 2018, Health Insurance Innovations (HIIQ),- (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HIIQ integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
HIIQ’s Escalation Specialists (Customer Service) work diligently to resolve customer dissatisfaction, investigating all aspects of a member’s concerns, using technology, data, and documentation to make informed decisions that result in the best possible consumer experience. Our Escalation Specialists will handle transfer calls to assist members who are upset or dissatisfied with the benefits they purchased using the standard tools within HIIQ's process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review complainants’ concerns
• Gather information (agent statements, recordings, policy details, notes, etc.)
• Receive live member calls, transferred from Customer Service, to address escalated concerns
• Review collected information to determine appropriate resolution
• Make informed decisions based on data analysis and department policies
• Communicate results to all appropriate parties
• Share results with Escalation Manager as needed or requested
• Efficiently work the queue both independently and as part of a team
• Update electronic tracking system
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Graduate
• 2-3 years of Insurance Industry Experience
• 1+ years of experience in Complaint Management
• Effective communication skills - verbal, written and listening
• Proficient knowledge of Outlook, Word & Excel
• Ability to quickly learn and work effectively within proprietary database
• Customer service phone experience with experience in deescalating member complaints
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Health Insurance Innovations complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Health Insurance Innovations expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.