Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
The Implementation Specialist is responsible for reviewing all materials related to the maintenance of a product and performing tests to ensure a product or service meets the established standards of quality including reliability, usability, and performance.
These product review and analysis processes directly support the efforts of our Sales and Marketing teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work closely with the marketing, customer service, sales and compliance departments on internal and external projects. This includes the initial project implementation and all required maintenance.
• Serve as backup on new product development, as needed.
• Identify prospective enhancements and upgrades to existing tools.
• Responsible for the improvement of HII’s web-based tools and managing the scheduling of projects for its high-traffic e-commerce site and and looking for ways to improve productivity and efficiency.
• Formulate clear, accurate product requirements and documents to enable engineers to build solutions for all customers and staff.
• Assist with the setup of a quality assurance test environment and perform all quality assurance testing for applications prior to release to the customer, carrier, and/or 3rd party vendor.
• Execute all user acceptance testing and report defects to the IT manager. Coordinate with the systems development team to ensure all defects are corrected prior to releasing application to the customer.
• Prepare training documentation, train Sales, Customer Service, and Compliance departments as needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• 1-2 years’ experience in marketing, quality assurance or project coordination is preferred
• HS diploma required; preference given for higher education
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy are required
• Ability to identify inconsistencies in materials, such as typography errors and rating discrepancies
• Must be able to type accurately and quickly with attention to detail
• Analytical skills with on the job problem solving experience preferred
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.