Lead Licensing Specialist
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
While upholding department and company policies, the Lead Licensing Specialist interacts with company executives, licensed agents, sales representatives, Departments of Insurance and carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products, services, contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. This position is responsible for Agent/Agency carrier appointments, establishing Agents/Agencies in our system, and serving as the Licensing Manager's primary backup and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update agent licensing and carrier appointment information
• Assist with contracting, appointment or licensing questions
• Perform background checks on potential agents/agencies
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Appoint as needed
• Contracting support as needed
• Serve as Acting Licensing Manager as requested/needed
• Attend meetings as requested
• Audit Reviews
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience preferred working within an insurance agency or company as an insurance agent or agent support role.
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong PC skills and general technical trouble shooting
• Knowledge in MS office word, excel
• Strong organizational skills, problem solving, listening, analyzing information, documentation and communication
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.