Lead Licensing Specialist
Join a leader in the Health Insurance industry! Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The Lead Licensing Specialist interacts with company executives, licensed agents, sales representatives, Departments of Insurance and carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products, services, contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. This position is responsible for Agent/Agency carrier appointments, establishing Agents/Agencies in our system, and serving as the Licensing Manager's primary backup and resource.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update agent licensing and carrier appointment information
• Assist with contracting, appointment or licensing questions
• Perform background checks on potential agents/agencies
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Appoint agents as needed
• Contracting support as needed
• Serve as Acting Licensing Manager as requested/needed
• Attend meetings as requested
• Audit Reviews
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience preferred working within an insurance agency or company as an insurance agent or agent support role.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge in MS office word, excel
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.