Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
While upholding Compliance department and HII company policies, the Licensing Manager interacts with insurance carriers, HII Account Managers, Departments of Insurance and carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. The Licensing Manager manages a team of individuals responsible for processing contracts electronically Agent/Agency carrier appointments and establishing Agents/Agencies and commission schedules within the company’s applicable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversee the background checks process, implementing HII’s background check guidelines as well as carriers’
• Assist Regulatory Counsel/Paralegal with TPA/DBA/Corporate Licensing
• Oversee/Audit the appointment process from production through submission to carriers to accurate representation in the HII system
• Oversee/Audit the contracting process from submission to completion
• Assist Agency Compliance & Sales with contracting, appointment or licensing questions or investigations
• Attend Interdepartmental Manager Meetings, advancing Compliance perspective with professionalism
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Assist in developing and enhancing Licensing P&P’s
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma required, advanced education preferred
• 3-5 years previous experience in a position of responsibility in an insurance or financial services Licensing Department
• Effective written and verbal communication skills required
• Able to work with minimal supervision and as part of a cross-functional team
• Demonstrable proficiency in MS Office with a focus on Word, Excel
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Please visit www.hiiquote.com/careers and select the appropriate listing
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.