Join a leader in the Health Insurance industry! Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
While upholding department and company policies, the Licensing Specialist interacts with licensed agents & sales representatives & insurance carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products, services, contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. They are responsible for Agent/Agency carrier appointments and establishing Agents/Agencies and commission schedules within the company’s applicable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update agent licensing and carrier appointment information
• Assist with contracting, appointment or licensing questions
• Perform background checks on potential agents/agencies
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Appoint as needed
• Contracting support as needed
• Audit Reviews
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Education and Work Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience preferred working within an insurance agency or company as an insurance agent or agent support role.
• Excellent phone etiquette
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong PC skills and general technical trouble shooting
• Knowledge in MS office word, excel
• Strong organizational skills, problem solving, listening, analyzing information, documentation and communication.
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.