This employer requests that only candidates within 100 miles of Tampa, FL apply to this job.
You appear to be located near Ashburn, VA, more than 100 miles from Tampa, FL.
Please be aware of this if you choose to apply for this job.
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
While upholding department and company policies, the Licensing Specialist interacts with licensed agents & sales representatives & insurance carriers to provide them with information to address inquiries regarding products, services, contracts, licensing and carrier appointments. They are responsible for Agent/Agency carrier appointments and establishing Agents/Agencies and commission schedules within the company’s applicable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Update agent licensing and carrier appointment information
• Assist with contracting, appointment or licensing questions
• Perform background checks on potential agents/agencies
• Protect the privacy of all information received in the department
• Assist or manage special projects upon request
• Appoint as needed
• Contracting support as needed
• Audit Reviews
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 year’s previous experience preferred working within an insurance agency or company as an insurance agent or agent support role
• Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Track record of customer service skills
• Demonstrable competency with MS office word, excel and general technical trouble shooting
• Effectively able to organize, problem solve, analyze information, document and communicate as required by the position
• Exceptional phone etiquette
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours..
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Health Insurance Innovations
provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Health Insurance Innovations complies with applicable state
and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation and training.
Health Insurance Innovations expressly prohibits any form of workplace
harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status.