Join a leader in the Health Insurance industry! Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) is a company with a deep commitment to creating a work environment in which our team members can flourish. We’re a publicly traded, rapidly growing company on the lookout for talented, dedicated professionals who enjoy very competitive salary and benefit packages (including health/vision/Life/STD/LTD/401(k)/Flex Spending Accounts) as well as Generous Paid Time off and company-paid holidays.
The regulatory environment in which HIIQ conducts business requires compliance with insurance laws throughout the country, insurance carriers’ guidelines, and its own high standards for conducting business in the insurance industry. The Paralegal will be tasked with a variety of responsibilities pertaining to TPA & Corporate Licensing, Regulatory Research, and assisting the Regulatory Attorney with his/her daily responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform legal research and write relating to litigation and regulatory matters
• Draft correspondence and legal documents for litigation and regulatory matters
• Maintain electronic and hard copy dockets in both litigation and regulatory matters
• Utilize the internet and Westlaw for research on a variety of topics
• Competency in utilizing MS Word, Excel Power Point and other drafting tools
• Assist in filing and renewal of TPA Licenses
• Manage Renewal of the Corporate Licensing Portfolio
• Research State Insurance Regulations as needed
• Assist Regulatory Attorney as needed
Education and Work Experience:
• Applicable Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
• Registered or licensed under a State Bar; Florida preferred
• 4+ years of compliance and/ or regulatory experience as a paralegal in Health Insurance or Financial Services with litigation experience
• Effective communication skills, suitable for working with all levels of the organization and externally
• Track record of effective project coordination and timely submission of deliverables
• Demonstrable competency with Microsoft Office applications; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrable competency with Westlaw
• Able to work both as part of a team and independently
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.