Retention Team Representative
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
Retention team members answer member questions, concerns, complaints and objections about their plans or agent. The Retention department is focused on educating members on the value of the plan(s) they purchased and how to use them; thereby retaining the member and improving product retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Learns and utilizes complete knowledge of each HII sponsored insurance and non-insurance product qualifications, benefits and limitations and exclusions.
• Receives Inbound Calls from members questioning plan benefits. Required to educate members on the value of their purchase and how to use it.
• Updates member information for ID cards, address, payment method, submit payments, applications, recharge premiums, and any other tasks as required to complete the call.
• Overcomes member objections and educates them on the plans they purchased to ultimately retain member.
• Communicates with members that want to cancel, receive a refund of premiums or complain about what the agent told them.
• Conducts a needs analysis to determine what is right for the member. This will require reselling member on an upgrade or downgrade coverage as needed to retain member.
• Maintains accurate notes in member records. System documentation and updates are an important role in this position.
• Assist members with technical difficulty with the members portal.
• Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines; recommending improved procedures.
• Updates job knowledge by studying new product descriptions and participating in educational opportunities. • Utilizes complete knowledge of each HII sponsored insurance and non-insurance product qualifications, benefits and limitations and exclusions.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned by management.
Education and Work Experience:
• An active 2-15 agent license for health insurance in Florida, with 2- 4 years of telephone insurance sales, customer service or retention experience
• Additional non-resident state insurance licenses are preferred but not required
• Computer literacy and Microsoft Office proficiency are required; demonstrable proficiency with a major database program (e.g., SFDC, ACT!, Goldmine, etc.)
• High School diploma required; advanced education preferred
• Must be skilled in both verbal and written communications, have professional mannerisms
• Must be able to type accurately and quickly, with attention to detail
• Retention team representatives will be monitored for successful inbound member calls, therefore must be results-oriented
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.