Senior Commissions Analyst
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), Ranked #1 in Fortune’s 100 Fastest-Growing Companies list for 2018, is seeking an Senior Commissions Analyst will partner with the Accounting team to implement the new revenue recognition standard, ASC 606 as it relates to commission expense. This position will be heavily involved in creating a model to efficiently record commissions expense from the Tableau user interface to the ERP, Great Plains. This role will also include performing data analytics, forecasting expense in the future and explaining the reasons for fluctuations from forecast.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with developing a model to analyze and record commissions on a monthly basis.
• Perform data analytics to understand how blocks of business are performing and how they are performing compared to forecast.
• Create the narrative behind the numbers and present to senior leadership.
• Compare actual vs. forecast expense and perform adjustments quarterly.
• Collaborate with the IT function to implement improvements in HIIQ's proprietary system, and Tableau to create efficiencies for commissions analysis, including working on systemic automation.
• Serve as commissions analytics subject matter expert for the organization
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills):
• Bachelor’s degree in a business administration or related degree.
• Higher education expected, or equivalent effort from additional certifications obtained.
• Five years of progressive experience in an analytical finance or accounting role.
• Extensive analytical, financial modeling, and/or forecasting experience with a proven ability to work with
large sets of data.
• Experience with SQL Server or other database software is preferred, but not required.
• Ability to simplify complex analytics into actionable items.
• Precise attention to detail and data accuracy.
• Experience with internal control framework is strongly preferred.
• Proven strategic thinking and successful execution coordination.
Effective written, verbal, listening and presenting skills
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.