Supervisor, Commissions & Revenue
Health Insurance Innovations, Inc. (HII) - (NASDAQ: HIIQ), is a leading developer and administrator of affordable, web-based individual health insurance plans and ancillary products. HII integrates its third-generation experience, diverse range of products and its cloud-based, proprietary technology platform, establishing the business as a member of the vanguard of Managing Underwriters Third-Party Administrators and Active Insurance Technology companies.
The Commissions & Revenue Supervisor ensures accurate and timely payments to third-party distributors, carriers and vendors. The role reviews commission structures and evaluates the credit-worthiness of applicants. This individual must strive for process improvements and work closely with the Sales team, upper management and auditors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Check commissions payment details for accuracy and completeness. Evaluate adjustments and bonuses. Process payments.
• Evaluate commission rates and approve changes within set limits. Ensure proper approval for exceptions.
• Review advanced commissions applicants against requirements.
• File UCC1’s to supplement HII’s creditor status for distributors with more than $35k in advance commissions.
• Facilitate information sharing with auditors.
• Review journal entries.
• Review monthly reconciliation of premium and calculation of provision for future returns.
• Approve and/or process bank transfers of premiums collected.
• Review monthly remittance to carriers and vendors.
Education and Work Experience:
• Appropriate degree in Accounting/Finance is required
• 5-7 years of corporate experience with 2+ years of management experience, preferably within the Accounting/Finance function of a public organization
• Certified Public Accountant
• Knowledge of PC-based automated processing systems including ACH processes
• Technically proficient in US GAAP (especially ASC 805, ASC 350, ASC 718)
• Critical thinker that thoroughly evaluates all potential accounting implications and solutions associated with a particular issue
• Effective verbal and written communication skills including ability to concisely communicate project status and key issues for management attention
• Strong standardization, process and detail orientation skills to manage the preparation, organization, exchange of information, working papers, supporting schedules using standard naming and archiving conventions
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Ability to multi-task and maintain department in a fast-paced, growing and changing environment
• Demonstrable proficiency with MS Office, intermediate Excel skills are required
Due to the nature of Health Insurance Innovations needs, regular and reliable attendance is required. Individuals must be able to work at least a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday, and be available as situations arise requiring extended hours.
Health Insurance Innovations provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.